Happy Early Thanksgiving from CiderPress Lane! When everyone's schedules don't line up with the actual holiday, you create your own. So this weekend we're feasting. We'll have the full menu for you soon but until then here is the super easy and EDIBLE table decor we created. I love creating arrangements that are cost effective, but also do double duty. And this one wins the Thanksgiving Centerpiece Prize, you can purchase everything you need from the grocery store...and you can Eat it after the table is cleared!
Here is exactly what you will need to fill a 7 foot table:
- 2 large bunches of Greenery: I chose to use Silver Dollar Eucalyptus, Seeded Eucalyptus and Baby Blue Eucalyptus. If you can't find these are your store, find 3 varying kinds of greenery. You could even head out to your back yard and clip some for free ;)
- 2 pomegranate
- 5 small pears
- 3 large pears
- 2 persimmon
- 3 small apples
- 2 small white pumpkins
- 6 clear glass bottles in varying sizes (don't have any on hand? pick up some white wine, look in the beverage aisle for fun bottles, check out the bottled sauces : then enjoy the drinks and clean out the bottles!)
- white candles - I shaved down the bottom of each candle to get it to fit in the bottle top
- napkins - try to find a deep jewel tone napkin. I purchased 2 yards of this fabric and simply 'ripped' the fabric into rectangles to give it a rustic edge.
- place cards : brown paper to wrap around the napkins
- black & white ribbon
Get creative and have fun shopping for your edible arrangement. Send us photos! We love seeing how your tables come out.
Now I'm off to butter the turkey and peel some potatoes. As much as I love designing centerpieces and getting everything just right, my favorite part is getting to sit and enjoy time with the people that we prepared it for. That's really what it's all about.
Cheers to you creating a table that you can enjoy with your family and friends! Be sure to subscribe to our email list, we'll be posting the full Thanksgiving menu, timeline and how to's soon.